Waddesdon Area Guide
Waddesdon is a village in Buckinghamshire located 6 miles northwest of the town of Aylesbury on the A41. The village is renowned for its schools, magnificent Waddesdon Manor and most recently the 4.5km (2.9 miles) pedestrian friendly “Greenway” link to “Aylebury Vale Parkway Train Station” now linking the village to London Marylebone.
Waddesdon village offers excellent road links towards surrounding towns and motorway networks. Train links to London is just a short drive, cycle or level walk from the village. A regular bus route connects the village to Aylesbury & Bicester.
Commuting by train can be found just a few miles away at the Aylesbury Vale Parkway Train Station linking London Marylebone and a journey time of just over an hour.
Route 16 Waddesdon to Aylesbury or Steeple Claydon
Route 17 Waddesdon to Aylesbury or Bicester
Route 112 to Stoke Mandeville Hospital via Thame
The M40 can be accessed via the A41 towards Bicester or via Thame, Milton Keynes & the M1 via A418 and the M25 reached on the A41 and towards Watford.
Waddesdon enjoys an abundance of places to enjoy shopping, sports and leisure activities, including;
- Waddesdon Manor & Grounds
- The Aviary
- Buckinghamshire Railway Centre
- Bicester Village Designer Outlet
- Green Dragon Eco Farm
- Waddesdon Park
- Community & Village Halls
- Waddesdon Cricket & Bowls Clubs
- The Waterside Theatre
Waddesdon has a selection of excellent schools, which explains the popularity of the area amongst families.
- Waddesdon Village Primary School
- Westcott Church Of England School
- Quainton Church Of England School
- Waddesdon Church Of England School
- Aylesbury Grammar School
- Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School
Waddesdon offers a diverse selection of eateries, a bar and a traditional village pub.
Restaurants & Bars
- The Five Arrows Hotel, Bar and restaurant
- The Chadnis Indian restaurant & Takeaway
- The Lion Pub, Restaurant & B&B
- Top Chips Top Chef Chinese takeaway
- 94 Coffee Shop
- Akeman Inn Kingswood
- Canaletto Italian Kingswood
- The Manor Rooftop Cocktail Bar Aylesbury
Waddesdon village is fortunate to have an excellent doctors surgery a pharmacy. The village also boasts a dentist too. Nearby hospitals can be found at either Stoke Mandeville or John Radcliffe Oxford.
- Waddesdon Surgery
- Waddesdon Dental
- Stoke Mandeville Hospital
- John Radcliffe Hospital Oxford
- Buckingham Community Hospital
- Thame Community Hospital
- Wycombe Hospital