Calvert Area Guide
Calvert is a sought after residential area which enjoys a rural setting and conveniently accessible to Aylesbury, Bicester, Buckingham & Winslow. The area has a strong community spirit, a large open green and recreational area, community hall, local shop and regular bus services.
With great transport links it’s easy to get to and from Winslow, and around the market town as well. Winslow is well connected to a number of larger towns and cities nearby.
- 18 Bus connects Buckingham
- 18 Bus connects Bicester
- 16 Bus connects Aylesbury
There is no direct train station serving Calvert, with the nearest being Bicester or Aylesbury. However, building has begun on a new network rail service at nearby Winslow linking Oxford, Cambridge and Milton Keynes.
Calvert is central to a network of motorways and nearby towns. The M1 and Milton Keynes can be accessed via the A421 towards the west. The M40 can be accessed via Bicester on the A41 towards the west. Other accessibly towns include Buckingham, Aylesbury, Brackley, Leighton Buzzard, Banbury & Towcester.
Despite its smaller size there is still plenty to do in and around Calvert with regular Farmer’s Markets at Winslow and plenty of other local attractions.
- Sports & Recreation Ground – Calvert
- Winslow Farmer’s Market
- Udderly Fresh – North Hill Farm Dairy
- Silverstone Circuit
- Milton Keynes Bowl, Shopping and Leisure
- Bicester Village Designer Outlet
- Buckingham Swimming Pool
- Aylesbury Waterside Theatre
- Buckinghamshire Railway Museum
Calvert has a selection of excellent schools nearby, which explains the popularity of the area amongst families.
- Steeple Claydon Primary School
- Twyford Church of England School
- Winslow Church of England School
- Grendon Underwood
- Furze Down School (SEN)
- Sir Thomas Fremantle School Winslow
- Buckingham School
- Royal Latin Grammar School Buckingham
- Aylesbury Grammar School for Boys & Girls
- Sir Henry Floyd Grammar Aylesbury
- Waddesdon Secondary School
- Furze Down School (SEN)
- Peploe-Williams Academy (Performing Arts)
With a nice mix of cuisines, you’re sure to find a wonderful meal to enjoy with friends and family around Calvert.
Restaurants & Bars
- The Old Thatch Inn Adstock
- The Winslow Café and Bistro
- The Fort Indian Restaurant - Buckingham
- Fish N Chips - Steeple Claydon
- Horwood House, Hotel, Restaurant, Bar and Spa
- Betsey Wynne Restaurant - Swanbourne
- Lakers Garden Centre
- Chutney Jacks Indian Takeaway
- The Bell Hotel & Restaurant
- Blue Monsoon Indian Restaurant
- Ma’s Cottage Chinese Takeaway
Nearby hospitals can be found at either Milton Keynes or Stoke Mandeville
- Winslow Health Centre
- Buckingham Community Hospital
- Bletchley Community Hospital
- Milton Keynes University Hospital
- Stoke Mandeville Hospital