Aylesbury Area Guide
Aylesbury can be found in the county of Buckinghamshire and approximately 1 hour from London by train. The town has a wealth of rich history and links to Roald Dahl, Paralympic Games and more recently a host of celebrities in shows at the Waterside Theatre. The area also offers excellent schooling including the highly regarded Grammar Schools . With a broad range of properties the area will undoubtedly have something to interest most home hunters.
Aylesbury offers excellent road links towards surrounding towns and motorway networks. Train links to London Marylebone and regular bus route connects the town and surrounding areas.
Aylesbury Train Station offer rail links to London Marylebone in around 1 hour.
A vast selection of bus routes connect to Bicester, Milton Keynes, Buckingham, Oxford and High Wycombe. These routes connect many of the rural areas in between.
Local bus connections run to most parts of the town.
Aylesbury is central to a network of motorways and nearby towns. The M40 can be accessed North via the A41 towards Bicester or South via Thame or Beaconsfield. Milton Keynes & the M1 via A418 and the M25 reached on the A41 and towards Watford.
Aylesbury enjoys an abundance of places to enjoy shopping, sports and leisure activities, including;
- Aylesbury Vale Park & Skate Park
- Hartwell House & Spa
- Greenway Traffic Free Cycle/Walking
- Coombe Hill
- The Phoenix Trail
- Stoke Mandeville Stadium
- Wendover Woods & Go Ape
- Aquavale Swimming Pool & Gym
- The Roald Dahl Museum Aylesbury
- The Waterside Theatre
- The Waddesdon Manor & Grounds
- Green Dragon Eco Farm
- Buckinghamshire Railway Museum
- Bicester Village Designer Outlet
Aylesbury offers a large selection of excellent schools, which explains the popularity of the area amongst families.
Primary School Locations
- Buckingham Park
- Fairford Leys
- Stoke Grange
- Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School
- The Mandeville School
- Aylesbury Grammar School
- Aylesbury High School
- Aylesbury Vale Academy
- The Grange Aylesbury
Aylesbury offers excellent eateries, bars and traditional pubs.
Restaurants & Bars
- Honey Bee Family Friendly Pub & Restaurant
- The Kings Head
- Bugle Horn Hartwell
- Salt n Vinegar Fairford Leys Takeaway
- Shensha Indian Restaurant & Takeaway Aylesbury
- China Brasserie Restaurant & Takeaway Fairford Leys
- Miller & Carter Berryfields Aylesbury
- Theatre District - Zizzi’s, The Grill & Nando’s
- The Manor Rooftop Cocktail Bar Aylesbury
Nearby hospitals can be found at either Stoke Mandeville or Wycombe Hospital
- Stoke Mandeville Hospital
- John Radcliffe Hospital Oxford
- Wycombe Hospital
- Mandeville Doctors Surgery
- Whitehill Doctors Surgery
- Bedgrove Surgery
- Oakfield Surgery
- Mandeville Surgery
- Meadowcroft Surgery
- Poplar Grove
- Berryfields Medical Centre